Sunday, May 29, 2011

White Meal







This week I roasted a 6 lb chicken needless to say we ate alot of chicken.I came across this recipe for chicken terrapin in a cookbook from Landis museum in Lancaster Pa.I had never seen a recipe similar.This recipe had no measurements like we would use today.It started out with a couple of cup fulls of roasted chicken in a frying pan then a cupful of heavy cream,then A pinch of cayenne,clove,mace,nutmeg and mustard powder.Simmer for a while till thickens then add a wineglass full of wine, I used sherry(don't forget to take pan off heat while adding wine)then simmer a little more till thick.We also had the sweetest parsnips followed by a dessert of rhubarb pie.So a meal that was delicious but no prize for beauty on the plate.I am also showing a picture of are bees from Friday.It was very hot and they were as cranky as I was.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...