Wednesday, October 22, 2008

eat local challenge day 22 (the King and I)

Well today I slipped and had lunch somewhere not in any way considered local. It was raining,I skipped breakfast it was 1 pm and I needed food fast. Not that I am sure it was actually food. I wont tell you where the title tells it all. So i tried to redeem my self at dinner. Homemade whole wheat pasta with sauce. The pasta made from ww flour bought in Maine on vacation along with salt & water. The sauce was made with tomato's from the back yard local onion and garlic and basil from the yard and two tablespoons of heavy cream. I was really surprised by how good the pasta was I really thought it would be terrible. I always buy ww pasta and I like it but I didn't think it work with homemade. A pleasant surprise.

3 comments:

Pioneer Panther Writers! said...

I happen to know for a fact that Laurie made home made bread and Sassafras Tea (by boiling the roots of the Sassafras bush) at age 11 or so. Ever the local eater!

Pioneer Panther Writers! said...

You sure talk a lot! Sure you are Laurie?

Elementary Artists said...

Is that Burger King?

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...