Tuesday, October 7, 2008

day 7 eating local

Yesterday I made enough of everything that we had the same meals today, Sure makes things easy. I have a great stockpile of local food,but I am used to cooking what I am in the mood for or what I have energy to cook. This really takes a lot of planning and you may have a craving but have no substitute to fill it. I will have to get some cider, I forgot about juice for breakfast, I don't know of any local citrus orchards!We usually get a crate of cranberries from our neighbor then I will be able to make cranberry juice. I have been trying to use honey and maple syrup for almost anything I would normally use sugar for, except coffee, it has to be sugar. I canned some spiced apples the other day from apples given to me they came out pretty good, an interesting side dish.I will do a list later of all my canning I did this summer.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...