Friday, October 3, 2008

messes & Successes

Day 3 of eat local,We eat so much local food i thought this would be a breeze but sadly not the case. Breakfast, I have great plans for pancakes with Maine grown whole wheat or homemade tortillas with eggs but what do I have this morning? A peach. How Boring, Lunch was the same as the first two days except I added cole slaw,the snafu with this was mayo,forgot it is not local!This afternoons project was mozzarella, I have made this 4 times it has only come out edible once and today was not that day. Dinner: I had a bad headache so leftover meatloaf which I left under the broiler to long (a little crispy) Green beans from the back yard and left over fried rice from pre challenge night,but at least it was homemade. I may not be doing this perfectly but I am trying, and did not send hubby out for takeout so a definite improvement.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...