Monday, October 27, 2008

Eat local challenge day 27

I spent the day today trying to install a wireless printer. I just love how at the store the sales people always say( it is easy just pop the disc in and your there) NOT! All day on the phone with different tech support people and I still do not have an installed printer. Well on top of that I did manage 3 local meals. Breakfast, homemade granola: oats from Maine, honey from backyard and dried cranberry's from a bog in Plymouth. Lunch we had my own canned corn relish with grilled cheese(Smiths Massachusetts) and apple(also local from Plymouth) sandwiches on my Whole Wheat bread. Dinner was bacon bought in Maine on vacation, eggs farmers market and my ww bread and local apple cider. I saw another challenge on the web for (pioneer week) where you live as close to a pioneers life as possible. After the computer today it is looking pretty good to me.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...