Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Eat local challenge day 28

For breakfast today I had rug hooking so we always have a nice assortment of goodies and really good coffee. Lunch we had apple and grilled cheese sandwiches, local cheese was smiths smoked gouda, apples from Plymouth and my ww bread. Dinner was a turkey pie from bongis in Duxbury, Green beans from Freitas farm in Middlebrow and mashed potato's also from frietas.
I love these Turkey pies they are definitely going to become a staple.Doing this eat local challenge really has you hunting out new sources for your food and it is surprising how many great things you will find close to home that you have never tried before. I organized the pantry of all my home canned goods today and I will be posting a list soon of all I canned this year. I had some left from last year I need to get better about using what is there. I am posting a list in the kitchen so I can check off what I use and to remind me what is there since it is in the cellar.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...