Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Eat local challenge day 29


Were in the homestretch and I think I did better than I thought i would. I was talking to a friend today while I was making bread. She said If she had homemade bread she would eat it till it was all gone. Normally I would say the same except during the challenge I cannot go out and buy a loaf that is as local as mine since I was able to buy whole wheat flour in Maine. So I am more prudent with it knowing I have to make the next loaf. Breakfast was my homemade granola with all local ingredients,Oats from Maine,dried cranberries from Plymouth and honey from our yard. Lunchwas ww bread with a tomato from our garden, they are ripening on the windowsill, Bacon from dinner the other night and local cheddar cheese,(smiths). Dinner was mashed potatoes and green beans from Frietas farm Middleboro, my own cranberry sauce made with berries from our neighbor and Meatloaf, beef from Codman farm In Lincoln, Oats from Maine, tomato sauce from out tomatoes, local onions,green pepper,garlic and egg.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...