Friday, October 31, 2008

Eat local challenge day 31

I started off the last day of then eat local challenge with a chocolate roll from the farmers market, I know not local ingredients but it was so good. Lunch was leftovers. Dinner was chili, the meat from Plato's harvest Middleboro, tomato's from my garden, onions and garlic local and beans from Maine. I also made cornbread with Whole Wheat flour from Maine and corn meal from the gristmill in Plymouth and local eggs and honey from our yard. Not local was oil and spices.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey, Laurie! I love your blog. I'm super-impressed with your daily updates! Thanks for the flour tip - I'm going to see if I can do some online research and find some flour/grain. Cheers!

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...