Monday, November 3, 2008

Challenge over

Saturday the first of November the Eat Local Challenge is over. I really feel I did as much as possible to keep local, it sure is a lot of work. Well now that the challenge is over I would say our meals will probably be at least 75% local. We went to a harvest fair on Saturday then Mexican food, I waited all moth for this, Avocados!We ate so much that was it for the day. Sunday am we had eggs and toast late and the leftover chili and cornbread from Friday. We also went and picked up our chickens.. I bought 4 And will separate and freeze packages of parts and Roast one. These chickens make the best gravy. I will chronicle how many meals you can get from one chicken always a great challenge. Now we are in the crunch for craft show production so meals will be simple and posting irregular.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...