Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Eat local challenge day 14


Today I held off on breakfast because I had rug hooking and I new our hostess would make something yummy. She did not disappoint, blueberry crumb cake,homemade and delicious. Lunch was more kale soup, the pot that keeps on giving. Dinner was grilled cheese sandwich on homemade whole wheat bread,Smiths cheese Winchendon Mass and ww grown in Maine. We also had homemade cream of tomato soup, cherry tomato's from the back yard,homemade chix broth from the freezer (made from locally grown chicken from Fiddlehead farms, Berkley) Basil from the back yard and local heavy cream(just 2 TBLs) you don't need much. I really enjoyed this meal I am so glad we are in soup and stew season.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...