Saturday, May 16, 2009

1st farmers market of the year

Today I was heading to the cape for a meeting,I had read that Orleans farmers market was opening today. There was quite a lot available Lettuce,leeks,scallions,radishes,kale,rhubarb,
plants, and shitake logs. I bought one now I have two so a better chance of harvesting enough at one time to do something with them. Then I picked up some more barnstable grown asparagus
that is so unbelievable fresh. After my meeting in Dennis off to Dartmouth for farmers market,
also a historical reenactment camp, and farm tour of Alderbrook farm. What a great day. Tommorow we feast on asparagus and hope for a cold day this week for kale soup.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...