Wednesday, July 22, 2009

preserving 2009/ dilly beans

Today I canned 5 pints of Dilly beans with my own homegrown green beans. The only other thing I have preserved this year so far are strawberries about 6 quarts and some rhubarb. I went down to the cellar to see what is left from previous years. There are lots of pickles,beets,mustard pickles and corn relish. I will need to make bread and butter pickles and more ketchup and relish. I also will need to can more salsa, it seems a lot of things I can take me about 2 years to finish. I guess from now on I should take count of what is left before I plant so I do not plant more than I need. I also need to get better about using what I have canned.We made a lot of vegetable soup this winter with the veggies I canned and It was delicious.Our nephew gave us two huge chickens he raised this year can't wait to try one.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Ok, just updated my taste buds and facination with your imagination and variety! I'm so hungry now. The Mex salad looks great and the cornbread thingy that you wok then bake, OMG, mail it to me! You're doing a great job and given your past email responses...Hi. Great!. Good. Okay.....your 'verbosity' is super cool. Miss ya, Sista. :)

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...