Sunday, February 28, 2010

winters famers market in Wayland mass







Yesterday we went to the last winter farmers market of the season at Russells garden center in Wayland ma. It was great tons of people,the freshest tastiest veggies. I bought lettuce, micro greens,kale,the biggest carrots I have ever seen and they are so sweet,parsnips,celery root,shallots,and a red onion. I also bought from Winter Moon farm from Hadley ma. Organic heirloom cornmeal that was ground that morning by pedal power, the corn was also grown on ma. This probably has to be the greenest food product I have ever bought. Things they had that I did not buy,fish,beef,pork,eggs,dressings,jams,honey,gelato and pastries. The pictures are from winter moons table.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...