Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey cooked on the fireplace







I was sick on Thanksgiving so we cooked a turkey later in the week.It took about 2 1/2 hours to cook a 12 lb turkey.It was beautifully golden and juicy.I was lazy and cooked the rest of the meal,stuffing,potatoes,squash,carrots rolls and cranberry sauce in the kitchen.I didn't want to over do and relapse.I am becoming more confident and do not feel the need to check on what ever meat I am cooking every 5 minutes.I turn it ever 15 minutes and start checking temperature after about an hour if it starts looking golden.We will soon be going to a hearth cooking dinner at Cogshall farm in Rhode Island where we help harvest and cook the meal.I don't know what we will harvest,maybe some root vegetables,eggs?This will be our third experience hearth cooking with others for a meal.I recommend the experience greatly.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...