Sunday, March 29, 2009

failed local meal

For some reason Sunday seems to be the day our meals are the most local, I'm not sure why.Tonight was little neck clams that I had froze in the shell this summer over Spaghetti squash with garlic scape pesto. I now know that you can keep a spaghetti squash in the cellar for 6 months and have it still be edible. But I do not know why I keep eating this vegetable, I just find it really boring even with the garlic scape pesto.The clams were not great, I think in the freezer a little to long. We also had a salad that had a few local components.So the dinner was a bust but i will finish off on a good note, strawberry shortcake with strawberries from last summer, they are delicious.I signed up to take a cheese making course at New England cheese making. I think it will be fun,I have made some mozzarella but out of three times only one was really edible.So i am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...