Saturday, August 22, 2009

One local summer week 12


This week's meal was grass fed london broil from Plato's harvest in Middleboro ma. Our salad was local cucumber and onion from the farmers market and tomato's from our yard with local red wine vinegar not local olive oil and oregano from the herb garden.Green beans from our garden. At this point in the summer our meals are all about 75% local anyways. My tomatos are finally ripening,our best producer looks like it will be (marriana) they are a plum tomato and seem prolific they have not ripened yet. We have had cherry's and black prince. It looks like we will have a few brandy wine and very few german stripe. I was really looking forward to the german stripe.I planted 26 tomato plants but with the lousy weather I dont expect much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tomatoes... yes. The salad sounds deliciously simple. I love the way cukes, onion, and tomato meld. I hope you get enough german stripe to get a flavor of it, and try next year for more. :-)

  Local Dining One of the first warm evenings of the year means a trip somewhere for seafood on the water. Usually this trip would be to the...